QuikAlert is a First Line of Defense in detecting gram negative microorganisms and Biofilm directly from a food product before it is packaged or shipped. The detection of microorganisms in sufficient quantities can be an indicator of the presence of potential pathogens.
The traditional method for detection of these bacteria is to culture for at least 24 hours, and then determine whether the product had been contaminated at the time the sample was obtained. QuikAlert does this in 20 minutes. This test is an enzyme detection system consisting of a synthetic substrate which, in the presence of a specific enzyme, causes a chemical reaction.
- Quick and easy to read on the spot results in 20 minutes
- Check crops in the field before harvest, as samples are taken directly from the food product
- Check perishables before packing and shipping
- No growth required
- Detects gram negative bacteria and biofilm
- 50 tests in each kit (no additional materials required)
- Accuracy: Greater than 98% if more than 1,000 organisms are present per swab
- 50 Test Swaps containing dried substrate
- 1 bottle of reagent A (buffer)
- 1 bottle of reagent B (color developer)
- 1 bottle of Positive Control
- 1 product insert with instructions
- Storage and transport conditions: 35°F to 77°F (2°C to 25°C)
- Shelf life: 18 months at room temperature